The 2nd Sea Otter Europe is full of cycling-related surprises and activities to get excited about. There will be several areas focused on different aspects to ensure you enjoy everything to see at the festival this year.
Discover the new features of the festival and how it will all be organised:
- THE BEST EXPO BRANDS
- TWO DEMOBIKE CIRCUITS
- ZONE D, A NEW EXPO ZONE!
- COMPETITION ZONE
- SEA OTTER EUROPE FUN
- SEA OTTER EUROPE CANTEEN
- OFFICIAL SEA OTTER EUROPE MERCHANDISING
THE BEST EXPO BRANDS
SPONSOR ZONE (outdoors). Sponsors returning to repeat the experience and new sponsors making sure not to miss the festival. Where will our sponsors be? Find them marked with a star or in coloured tents and pay them a visit on festival day.
- Patronat de Girona (Zone D)
- Ajuntament de Girona (Zone D)
- Cannondale (Zone A – Gravity Zone)
- Progold (Zone A)
- Hutchinson (Sponsors Zone)
- Sport No Limit Travel (Sponsors Zone)
- Taymory (Sponsors Zone – Area: A – Area: D)
ZONE A (outdoors) – Bicycle and accessory brands. Mostly comprising all the demobike brands. Paddock format.
ZONE B (outdoors) – Bicycle and accessory brands. Comprising some of the demobike brands. Paddock format.
ZONE C (outdoors) – Bicycle and accessory brands. Comprising some of the demobike brands. Paddock format.
New! ZONE D (outdoors) – Tourism and accessory brands (nutrition). Sports services and sports event support services will also be here (Nutrisport, Compex and mechanical services, etc.). Paddock format.
ZONE E (outdoors) – Expo format space. A quiet space for brand exhibition.
TWO DEMOBIKE CIRCUITS
- N CIRCUIT – In the northern part of the festival.
- E CIRCUIT – Next to Zone C (100m from the Expo Zone).
- Marked circuits with different routes for all categories and levels.
- What bicycles will be available? All sorts of mountain bikes – XC, Double Suspension, Enduro, Gravel, Electric.
- Testpass platform for seeing the brands offer, registering as a Tester and booking your bicycle (zero cost and no bike limit) – Available soon.
- 34 Demobike brands
- Approximately 400 bikes to try.
ZONE D, A NEW EXPO ZONE!
- Zone D is expanding the total expo area by 30% on last year.
- It will mostly comprise tourism and clothing accessory brands, nutrition brands, etc.
- Trial Exhibition and Trial Catalan Cup Zone.
- New! Sea Otter Europe Canteen (Sports event provisions with Pasta Party, Catering Zone for exhibitors and the visiting public)
- Access to the sports services area, including Nutrition (Nutrisport), Physiotherapy (Compex), mechanical services, etc.
- Access to the sports event zone and certain children’s activities.
- New! GIROCAMPING – Great camping festival which, for Sea Otter Europe, includes: a benchmark show for the camping and holiday parks sector at the Sea Otter Europe Costa Brava-Girona Bike Show 2018. The goal is to present a range of sustainable campsites with ties to the cycle tourism and family sectors.
Two sports event starting areas:
- International Catalan Cup C1
- Marathon Cup
- Children’s Catalan Cup / Children’s Open
- E-MTB Marathon
- MTB Classic
SEA OTTER EUROPE FUN
- Nerve centre of the festival.
- Space sponsored by Cannondale.
- Sports events: Eliminator by Cannondale, an exciting and explosive event. A competition offering a great show.
- Short Track (XCC), a new UCI XC format coming to Sea Otter Europe in competition mode.
- Dirt Track: A wild dirt circuit with banked corners, jumps and obstacles – Open, based on availability.
- Rock Garden: To test cyclists and bicycle suspensions – Open, based on availability.
- A space with BMX ramps (half pipe, quarter pipe, etc.) for younger audiences with a passion for BMX and biking acrobatics.
Family Fun Zone
- A space offering children’s biking activities for all ages.
- From 3 on pushbikes (first bicycle) to 10 with 26” bikes.
- Woodpark activities for trying the bike on different terrains, on a marked circuit.
- Inflatables zone.
- All this close to the Girocamping so you can plan a family, tourism or nature holiday.
SEA OTTER EUROPE CANTEEN
- SOE Expo Chill Out – Exclusively for exhibitors (Zone A)
- SOE Canteen – For use by sports event participants to collect provisions with a Pasta Party ticket. This space can also be used by exhibitors and visitors. An area will be reserved for exhibitors (Zone D)
- Food trucks offering a range of cuisine for visitors (Zone A – C – D).
SEA OTTER EUROPE MERCHANDISING
Would you like to take away a souvenir from the festival?
- Various points of sale for Official Sea Otter Europe Merchandising. Maillots, culottes, jackets, vests, caps, t-shirts, etc. Visit the website for more information!