Demobike is a bike test activity held in Sea Otter Europe, where visitors from 18 years old, can test for free most of the exhibitor bikes, You just have to get register and remember to bring your ID / passport to identify yourself!
How it works
1. GET REGISTERED
Get registered on the platform
2. BOOK YOUR BIKE
If the brand offers pre-booking, you can choose the bike before the event. You can find the brands offering pre-booking below
When you get to the festival, validate yourself. You will be given a credential. After that head to the brand booth. You will be ready to start riding your future bike!
NOTICE*:Some brands have their own Demobike system. For those ones not using the demobike platform, you will have to head directly to their stand to test their bikes. You will not be asked for the cerdential.
|. ID / Passport
ID and passport to identify yourself at the demobike booth.
We give priority to security above all. If you forget your helmet at home, Abus and Sena brands will be providing different models in different sizes. (free service)
Make sure you wear suitable clothes to go for a ride, you will feel more confortable!
To ride like a pro, bring your shoes with anchors with you!
- Minimum age to do demobike, 18 years old (born during the year 2001),
- The demobike service is for free,
- Mandatory documentation: It is mandatory to bring your DNI or passport. Photocopies or duplicate will not be valid.
- Register yourself at the platform to avoid unnecessary queues during the day of the festival,
By registering on the demobike platform, the participant compromises to accept the regulation of the demobike activity.
Extra services for participants:
⁃ free demobike service
⁃ bike-wash service,
⁃ bike-guard. Service come to the festival with your bike!
The schedule established by the organization must be accepted and respected. In no case it is possible to anticipate or extend bicycle tests (for reasons of safety and coordination with other activities of the event).
Friday, from 16,15h to 20,00h
Saturday, form 9,15h to 20,00h
Sunday, from 9,15h to 15,00h
The penalization for the no compliance of the regulation will consist on the censure to keep practicing the demobike activity.
For safety reasons:
- the tracks will all be marked
- It is totally forbidden to ride out of the track
- The riders will circulate in a one-way clockwise direction
COMPULSORY MATERIAL OF PARTICIPANTS
All users who perform the Sea Otter Europe DemoBike must compulsorily take: 1) Helmet, 2) Sporty and comfortable clothes. If necessary, it is also advisable to bring their own cycling shoes with anchoring, and their own pedals.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
RELATED TO BOOKINGS
- Can i register on the same day as the test ride?
Yes. Although we recommend that you register in advance through the official platform to avoid long queues and overcrowding.
- Do i have to return the badge at the end of each day?
We recommend returning it at the end of each day. In order to receive the badge you must leave your proof of identity at the demobike stand for safekeeping, which means you will have to return it in order to retrieve your id at the end of the test ride.
RELATED TO BICYCLE LIMITS
- What is the maximum number of bicycles i can reserve during pre-booking?
You can reserve up to a maximum of two bicycles on the platform, so choose well!
- What is the maximum number of bicycles i can test ride during all three days of sea otter europe?
There’s no limit! You just have to make sure of the availability of each bike and enjoy!
RELATED TO DOCUMENTATION
- What documentation must i bring?You must present your original id card/foreigners’ id number or passport. Photocopies or the proof of identity of people not participating in the service will not be accepted.
RELATED TO THE CIRCUITS
- How long does each test ride last?
Their duration depends on the time slots established by each brand, but each test ride normally lasts around 50 min.
There are three circuits with different lengths and durations (8 km/13 km/16 km) ranging from 30 min to 1 hr and 15 min.
- I know a path that is not part of the demobike circuit. Can i take a detour and create my own route?
No! On the grounds of safety and to ensure that the test rides run to schedule, you must not leave the circuits designed by the organiser.
RELATED TO DEMOBIKE BRANDS
- Do all demobike bicycles use the testpass platform?
No. Testpass is a service that the organiser provides for brands and visitors so that the activity is as flexible and as convenient as possible.
- Brands using the demobike platform (by testpass): Abus; Anda bike street stepper; Bergamont; Berria; Bh; Bulls; Cannondale; Canyon; Corratec; Cube; Factor; Felt; Finna cycles; Focus; Ghost; Haibike; Intense; Ktm; Lapierre; Look; Massi; Megamo; Merida; Mmr; Mondraker; Niner; Northwave; Orbea; Peugeot cycles; Riese and mueller; Rotor; Specialized; Stevens, Swift carbon drive; Scott; Titici; Trek.
- Brands not using the demobike platform: Bird; GT; Littium by Kaos; Moustache; Olympia; Rytchey; Shimano; Whistle.
If you do not find the brand that you are interested in when registering, head to their stand in order to try out their bikes. They will inform you of their booking process.
RELATED TO REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
- Do i have to bring my own equipment (helmet, sports clothes, trainers)?
Yes. You must bring trainers and sports clothes. In terms of helmets, abus will provide some of its latest models for testing free of charge.
- What if i don’t bring my id card/passport?
You will not be able to take part in demobike.
- What if i lose my bagde?
You must report it immediately to the organiser in order to deregister your badge. You must also check that all bikes used under this badge number are returned to their respective brands.
- Is there any insurance to cover me in case of an accident?
Yes. All demobike test rides have insurance that covers the cyclist in case of an accident.
- What if i turn up late for my reserved time slot?
You will lose your booking and you must re-reserve your chosen bicycle according to availability.
Some brands may wait up to a maximum of 10 minuntes. Participants are kindly requested to be punctual.
RELATED TO OTHER SERVICES
- Will there be a cloakroom service?
No. Each person must take responsibility for their personal belongings.
- Will there be changing rooms with showers?
Yes. The changing rooms are located inside the pavillion and will be duly signposted.
- Will there be a bicycle storage service?
Yes. The bicycle storage service is located in the festival zone and will be duly signposted.