What is demobike?
Demobike is a bicycle test activity, where all visitors over the age of 18 can try most of the exhibitors’ bikes for free. You just have to register and bring your ID / passport with you on the day of the festival. Don’t forget to bring your helmet, shoes!
Download the 2020 tracks!
Tracks are not marked. We recommend you to download the track in your GPS.
Track are not marked. We recommend you to download the track in your GPS.
FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can i register on the same day as the test ride?
Yes. Although we recommend that you register in advance through the official platform to avoid long queues and overcrowding.
- Do i have to return the badge at the end of each day?
We recommend returning it at the end of each day. In order to receive the badge you must leave your proof of identity at the demobike stand for safekeeping, which means you will have to return it in order to retrieve your id at the end of the test ride.
- What is the maximum number of bicycles i can reserve during pre-booking?
You can reserve up to a maximum of two bicycles on the platform, so choose well!
- What is the maximum number of bicycles i can test ride during all three days of sea otter europe?
There’s no limit! You just have to make sure of the availability of each bike and enjoy!
- What documentation must i bring?
You must present your original id card/foreigners’ id number or passport. Photocopies or the proof of identity of people not participating in the service will not be accepted.
- How long does each test ride last?
Their duration depends on the time slots established by each brand, but each test ride normally lasts around 50 min.
There are three circuits with different lengths and durations (8 km/13 km/16 km) ranging from 30 min to 1 hr and 15 min.
- I know a path that is not part of the demobike circuit. Can i take a detour and create my own route?
No! On the grounds of safety and to ensure that the test rides run to schedule, you must not leave the circuits designed by the organiser.
Do all demobike bicycles use the event platform?
The organization has an own logistic platforms to book the bikes, but not all brands use it. Instead some of the them use their own booking system which means that you will have to go directly to their booth.
Brands using the demobike platform from the organization, are identified in this page with the “reservation platform” botton
- Do i have to bring my own equipment (helmet, sports clothes, trainers)?
Yes. You must bring trainers and sports clothes. In terms of helmets, abus will provide some of its latest models for testing free of charge.
- What if i don’t bring my id card/passport?
You will not be able to take part in demobike.
- What if i lose my bagde?
You must report it immediately to the organiser in order to deregister your badge. You must also check that all bikes used under this badge number are returned to their respective brands.
- Is there any insurance to cover me in case of an accident?
Yes. All demobike test rides have insurance that covers the cyclist in case of an accident.
- What if i turn up late for my reserved time slot?
You will lose your booking and you must re-reserve your chosen bicycle according to availability.
Some brands may wait up to a maximum of 10 minuntes. Participants are kindly requested to be punctual.
- Will there be a cloakroom service?
- No.each person must take responsibility fortheir personal belongings.
- Will there be changing rooms with showers?
Yes. The changing rooms are located inside the pavillion and will be duly signposted.
- Will there be a bicycle storage service?
Yes. The bicycle storage service is located in the festival zone and will be duly signposted.