Wikiloc, the online route community, is partnering once again with Ocisport and Sea Otter Europe in Girona, the city where the tool started over 16 years ago.
Wikiloc, which in 2022 celebrated passing the 10 million member mark, is a collaborative platform where outdoor enthusiasts share more than 36 million routes from all over the world: hiking, cycling and no fewer than 80 different activities.
The aim of WIkiloc is to help people have the best experience possible before, during and after their outdoor activities. Community members can find inspiration among the routes shared by other users. One of the best-rated tools is the outdoor navigator smartphone app, which provides a safe and easy guide throughout the route, even in a coverage gap. On the return trip, they can post the recorded route and share their experience with the community.
Wikiloc has taken the decision to become an official Ocisport partner under the “Official Mapping” formula, bringing its technology to sportsmen and women taking part in the events and festivals held by Ocisport over the course of 2022 and 2023, allowing the event tracks to be downloaded from their official Wikiloc profiles: Sea Otter Europe Bike Show, Ocisport Bike and Ocisport Run. Some of the events where Wikiloc can be found are:
- Sea Otter Europe Costa Brava Girona by Continental, the grand festival of international cycling in Girona, including its races
- The Super Cup Massi, the top-tier international XCO championship
- The Copa Catalana International in Mountain Biking
- The Scott Marathon Cup and the Biking Point Marathon Cup
- The Volcat races of Igualada, the Costa Brava and Platja d’Aro
- Barcelona Cycling Week, including Down Urban and the Eliminator UCI World Championships
- The Youth Series
- The Garmin Mountain Festival in skyrunning
- The Comapedrosa Skyrace
- The Ultra Peak Series
- The Costa Brava Swim Run
More information at: https://www.seaottereurope.com/es/noticies/